Yesterday we saw how God had started systematically demolishing the Egyptian pantheon of gods. Each plague was an attack on a specific god (here is a good description). Abraham humbly bargained with God for the lives of those in Sodom and Gomorrah and God seemed willing to enter the debate.
Pharoah's bargains are not humble in any way and each plague leaves the Egyptian people with more devastation.
- Blood made the river stink and the fish die.
- Frogs piled up stank
- The lice itch
- The flies cause chaos
- Livestock dies
- Boils hurt
- Fiery hail destroys animals and two secondary crops
- Locusts consume all their food sources
- Darkness stops everything in its tracks--and was a psychological assault on Egypt's national identity
- The death of the firstborn personally touches every family's legacy
Don't fight God. Don't try to weasel out of God's will for you. Do what He says. Cry "Uncle!"
What do you need to surrender to God?