Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Awe and silence


"14 The Spirit lifted me up and took me away. I went in bitterness and turmoil, but the Lord’s hold on me was strong. 15 Then I came to the colony of Judean exiles in Tel-abib, beside the Kebar River. I was overwhelmed and sat among them for seven days."  Ezekiel 3:14-15

This is the state of mind Ezekiel was in after his first encounter with the Lord in Heaven.  He was on sensory overload and overwhelmed with the messages that God had given him.  I can't say that I've seen anything like what he saw, but it's been an amazing week seeing God work and I can relate.  My mind is reeling in amazement and wonder.  My mouth would be agape if I could open it at all. 

I'm beginning to understand awe and I have yet to even see Him in person.  What have I seen?  I've seen:

  • Prayers answered in moments
  • Comfort sent to a wounded warrior in the battle to restore addicts
  • Comforters of the grieving, comforted
  • Forgiveness and restoration anticipated before the offense
  • A house of prayer ministering on the doorstep of homeless hotels
  • dozens of kids in a missions camp come to know Jesus for themselves
  • personalized comfort in the night and encouragement from friends
  • A belived Christian Saint rejoicing in the weakness that God is granting him as a tool to take his mission work to another level
"But afterward the people will return and devote themselves to the Lord their God and to David’s descendant, their king. In the last days, they will tremble in awe of the Lord and of his goodness."  Hosea 3:5

No comments:

Post a Comment