Wednesday, October 27, 2010

God winks...

This has been a month of secret winks from the Holy Spirit.

You know the scenario...It's the climax of the movie. The hero and damsel are tied up in an old warehouse with the villain about to complete his catastrophic evil-doing. Suddenly, the hero winks at the heroine as you see that he is not only free, but now has the upper hand. The day is all but saved and the obligatory fist-fight hasn't even started.

As you get to know someone intimately you begin to share little names, secret phrases or inside jokes that have meaning to you because of the history you share. The month started out on a fairly critical note, with minute failures and simple mistakes blowing up with cataclysmic impacts. The wrong printout gets used wrongly and the resulting conclusions cause everyone great embarrassment. Then we were submitting a large proposal for a multi-year contract only to find that key parts of the text were printed withoutanyspacesbetweenthewords (aaaakkk!!!)

Still, as I turned the proposal in to the jurisdiction (with a heavy heart) something surprising happened--God winked. How he winked is between us, but suffice it to say that no one else would have ever noticed, but it was as obvious to me as a neon billboard flashing in front of my nose. Then later in the process, He did it again. I had no idea what the result would be for all of our prayer and effort, but I knew with utter certainty that His Hand was in action and it would not be long before something amazing happened. Several people said things that could have discouraged me as we prepared for the face to face interviews, but I couldn't erase the impact of that secret communication. My heart rested in complete trust. In the end, we scored as high as we possibly could have and won a space in the contract--my very first interview in my entire career and my very first win.

I get the feeling that our Heavenly Father is constantly trying to communicate His boundless love and His power to intervene on our behalf. I am so grateful for the years that we have come to know each other well and that we have little secrets between us. It has been worth every minute.

He's waiting to share His secrets with you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment